Recent Posts

11/17/10

The Gift



Tears exhausted. It all runs dry.
Though it hurt me while it welled on my face,
It also made me feel better and light.
This is the divine irony of life.
What breaks you makes you, right?

I can only thank my Creator for making me see things differently.
When I asked for a beautiful and memorable gift in this lifetime,
He gave me one. One too many, in fact.
Caught by surprise, in the process it hurt me so bad.
But I never questioned anything.
From my past, I was trained never to ask.
Left with nothing, I took everything.
What I need to, I have to.
Sighs in between tears. I gathered strength
From corners within that I never knew, existed.
These corners are built with pillars
And the pillars are connected into walls
And the walls are bound by a sturdy roof
And beneath the roof are steady, shiny floors.
Alas, who knew I’d build a house.
A house that housed me my strength I never knew.
And now I call it ‘my home’.
What is it that they say?
That the ‘home is where the heart is? “
I found my home when I centered in my heart.
Coming from without, I went within.
The gift that I received is a blessing
Of knowing and finding and accepting
And discovering and relearning.
And reliving
What life truly means.