Recent Posts

11/20/13

Expressions Of Love

Her name is Aurora, as beautiful a name like the first burst of sunlight at dawn. She is even more so beautiful in person. And luckily for me- - because she happens to be my mother.


It was in December, close to Christmas time…closer to her birthday. As everyone gleefully moves about in the merry mood of the holidays, she now lays in bed longer than usual. Days… Months… I have stopped counting as it breaks my heart to pieces seeing her this way. The woman who joyfully yet selflessly attended to my (and the rest of her family’s) needs, now lays in her sick bed. 

I've always been the jovial kind of person. That’s how she has lovingly molded me to be. To be the sunshine for others, in whatever circumstance in life that may come our way. And so, as I busily run about life- the children, the family, the finances, the work and everything else in between, I always put on a happy front. And so that one day, close to Christmas time and close to her birthday, I sought to surprise her with an early gift. I knew she wanted it, like any other woman, past any age, culture or creed. I knew she never had one given to her… a beautiful bunch of fresh and lovely flowers, just so to thank her and show her that no matter how busy and difficult things may seem for all of us, she is much loved by me, like, maybe I have not shown her.

I could see her tears flow graciously as she held the bunch of the lovely tulips I gave her. I fought hard to keep my tears welling.

Except that I woke up.



So as I am sharing with you this touching experience, do please remember in your hearts to not let moments pass without expressing your love and gratitude for the people who truly matters in life…not even how busy you are with the daily grind of life.
A simple gesture of expressing love and gratitude is always worth the price.

In all the years that I have known her, she exuded a kind of caring and generous concern always and all ways to everyone around her. And yes, how she took care of me! 

Of course, many of us would see their mothers as much as I do. But I ask myself often how many times I have actually shown her how much I am thankful and how much I love her as well, if at all I did.

I realized that the very beautiful moment of seeing my mother’s tears of joy were just snippets of my dream. That I wasn't able to gift her even with the simplest act of sending her flowers, on her sick bed, just because I was busy attending to many mundane things in life, all the more breaks me to pieces even up to this day that she has many years passed away.